Ih 484

Thanks. I just watched a couple of youtube videos about the spray guns and am looking forward to trying one out. I have an elchepo that came with my compressor. Do I need and air dryer?

Thanks. I just watched a couple of youtube videos about the spray guns and am looking forward to trying one out. I have an elchepo that came with my compressor. Do I need and air dryer?

You should use a air dryer, I haven't been lately because I have no idea where mine went. I didn't have any issues with the last tractor I did.

What issues could I see with out a dryer?

Spraying a single stage paint about the biggest problem you would have is not getting a smooth finish and it wont be as glossy. Automotive paint is a different story. I still have trouble with the clear coat. A friend just bought $500 and swears thats the only way to go doing automotive paint. He was using a $19 gun from harbor freight to do cars.

I may have been on a diesel truck forum a couple of years ago but not lately.

I am planning on using spray cans for my painting cause I like the smoothness of spray but have never used a spraygun. I was mainly wondering about the hard to reach and the areas with a lot of contours.

I have access to a media cabinet and will most likely use it to rough the painted areas or just take it down to bare.

You reccommend sanding the primer before painting. I have done a little painting but none that was to be all that great of quailty. Hoping to do a better job and learn the proper steps.

Thanks for your input.

Go to Lows and purchase a LPHV paint gun and hook it up to your air compressor at about 40# pressure. It works great and is a lot cheaper than using spray cans. Easy to clean, you can use water based paints or oil base. I bought one about a year ago and what a difference in the quality of my paint jobs. There are a lot of video's on YouTube on how to use them, simple to adjust and easy to use.

I have a sprayer that came with my Campbell Housfeld compressor, I took it out of the box, looked at it and put it back cause I didn't know much about them. I have watched a couple of videos about using and adjusting but haven't had a job big enough for it yet.

My Troy-bilt project is getting spray cans which I can grab, spray and walk away.

Looking forward to a project where I can use the spray gun.

I have a sprayer that came with my Campbell Housfeld compressor, I took it out of the box, looked at it and put it back cause I didn't know much about them. I have watched a couple of videos about using and adjusting but haven't had a job big enough for it yet.

My Troy-bilt project is getting spray cans which I can grab, spray and walk away.

Looking forward to a project where I can use the spray gun.

just fill it with water and grab some old cardboard boxes and practice.

Water! Never thought of that, may even add some food color or clothes dye.

Thanks for the tip.

Spray think coats, the cardboard will absorb water so you wont get runs like you would painting sheet metal. Once you got the hang of slowly making the cardboard darker you'll have the right technique.

Back