Ih 484

Spray think coats, the cardboard will absorb water so you wont get runs like you would painting sheet metal. Once you got the hang of slowly making the cardboard darker you'll have the right technique.

I used to paint weldments in the first shop I worked in. Someone suggested keeping a paint brush handy. If you get a run, it can be quickly brushed out. Also keep the nozzle moving quickly. If you pause the paint will load up and tend to run. Good luck

I like painting in cooler weather, it seems to stay liquid a little more and kinda self levels. It makes rusted metal look powder coated. But if its hot you can spray lots of thin coats.

I have finished my tiller paint job with spray cans and am finding that if I hit the paint it chips off but leaves the primer in tact. Primer said I could topcoat within one hour which I did and the paint said I could apply a second coat within one hour also which I did. So with in three hours I had the primer and two light coats of paint. I was thinking that if I did it this way then they would tend to adhere to each other and become one. Should I have sanded the primer before painting? Should I have sanded between coats. It had dried for 48 hours before trying to assemble.

Back