I'll be calling the shop in the morning....

Make sure the power cord is hooked up inside the electrical box, and that there is power at that end of the cord.

I had the same problem when I first tried to run my 1440-GT. It has an interlock on the foot brake and also on the gear box cover. I checked both - no luck. So then I called Matt and he had be jiggle the interlock on the cover, and that solved the problem.

I have also had the breakers trip in the electrical box - which prevents the motor from running, but does not interrupt electrical input to machine - so the power light stays illuminated.

Yes sir 1-0-2 has been switched around, I'll go dive into the wires, I only have a small window of opportunity with my time zone to call. Thank you

Last edited:
After verifying power, I called PM, and after unbolting the door safety tang off of the door, and pushing it in by hand it lights up. Something simple.....
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I guess when they are run at the warehouse they have a dummy gadget to put in the door switch, so they can visualize everything operating. Now to get up the nerve to stand there with it spinning, and try something.

Had to be a switch of some kind. Glad you got it sorted out. Have fun with your new lathe!

Back