I’m Batting 1000 On Shipping Lately

Buffalo21

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
A while back I had some UPS issues, then for some unknown reason, FedEx left 3 of my packages with a guy 2 blocks away (who took 2 days to get them to me), now its the USPS. I ordered a couple of ER 32 pieces, from a supplier in Oregon, through EBay. I ended up talking to the seller, he packed up the 2 items, shipped them to me in a USPS small flat rate box, with tracking. So from Oregon, to Chicago, to Cleveland, to Buffalo, to Syracuse, basically my home town. Then for reasons still unknown, it went from Syracuse, to Atlanta, to Dallas, to Denver and is now in Boise ID. I called the post office’s customer service number, gave them the tracking number, they sent me the transcript, said, they would send it on its way ASAP (if the USPS actually really knows what ASAP means). The estimated delivery date is now, on or about 6/23/20 to 6/28/20, as it now has to be hand routed.

I called the supplier, then sent him a copy of the transcription, he then called me back, apologizing profusely, he reshipped the parts this morning overnight (if that really exist anymore), should be here by Friday 6/19/20. He said if the $28 worth of parts, from the original order does actually arrive, keep them, he was sorry for the delay.

With more and more business, using web based sales and relying on UPS/FedEX/USPS for delivery, how do they do business?? I’ve had 2-3 jobs delayed because of this shipping, due to the current pandemic/demonstration/unrest times, but nothing where it was life or death, just a major league inconvenience.

we usually have good luck with shipping. sometimes we have to search around outside for a package. The fedex guy likes to leave them where ever he feels like. I hate when fedex turns it over to USPS and it doesn't fit in the mailbox. Then we have to drive 20 miles in to town

Same happened here. I ordered some ammunition out of Texas on the 9th. It went from Texas to Chicago in 2 days then for some reason the day it was “out for delivery” it got sent to Las Vegas. I called they gave me I’m sorry we messed up deal and said it would be here Monday. Didn’t get mon. Check tracking and it says it’s in California. Now I check and it says tomorrow. I just hope their careful 1,000 rounds getting shipped ALL over the country.o_O

Recently my wife ordered a bottle of herbs for a friend from amazon. It shipped USPS next day.
6-3-20 package arrived at Shreveport La. carrier facility.
6-4-20 package arrived at incorrect carrier facility. Huntington Tx
(I live between Shreveport and Huntington)
6-5-20 package arrived back in Shreveport early, left late that day
6-7-20 package arrived at incorrect carrier facility JasperTx.
6-8-20 package in Jasper
(I live between Shreveport and Jasper)
6-9-20 package back in Shreveport
6-10-20 package arrives and leaves incorrect carrier facility in Bon Wier Tx.
This is where I asked for a refund and ordered another bottle.
6-11-20 package back in Shreveport, carrier delay has occurred.
6-12-20 package arrived at my home in Joaquin Tx
Boring to read I know but I thought it was kinda comical. There wasn't any rush.
The next bottle sat in Shreveport 3 full days before being delivered.
What next? :mad:
Chuck

I once ordered 2 items on the same day. They were both shipped the same day.
One item was ordered from Chicago.
The other was ordered from a small town in GERMANY.
I live about 90 miles north of Chicago.
45 HOURS later the package from Germany was on my doorstep via DHL.
8 DAYs later the package from Chicago arrived via USPS

Back