I'm getting a Bridgport mill - can you help identify it?

It was work. The site situation was no good for anything but a bobcat type machine, but that costs a lot to rent, and you need a truck that can tow the trailer. Only positive was that the path was paved. The big block and tackle worked great when pulled by the big zero turn hydraulic lawnmower the original owner has. The machine is too heavy to move [up the hill] far by hand pulling the rope. The reduction ratio of the block made the speed of moving slow and controllable. Yes, I capt my hands oriented to minimize the risk of getting pinched! And stayed away from being downhill of the machine.

My hats off to you, good job.

How involved is it to remove the table - the part that slides side to side on this machine? I have to move the machine through a path that is too narrow for it to fit, and moving the other stuff, well, will be a big project.

How involved is it to remove the table - the part that slides side to side on this machine? I have to move the machine through a path that is too narrow for it to fit, and moving the other stuff, well, will be a big project.

Not difficult. I was taking it further apart, but I think you can remove the handles and brackets off the end of the table, and then just push it off. I would probably remove the lead screw so you can't damage it, and the gib just to make it easier. It's heavy, make sure you have something to hold the weight. I used an engine crane chained to the table T-slots.

Removed the power feed, and the handle off the other side. Then the lead screw. The table fit through with 1/4" to spare.

Bridgport04.jpg
Hard to see in the picture, but I have discovered that putting small blocks between the pipe rollers makes moving go a lot faster, as the pipes stay spaced more evenly. Kind of like how the cage in a ball bearing keeps the balls spaced evenly. Using 1-1/4" iron pipe for rollers, 2x4 with a big pry bar to shift / lift the machine.

How i moved mine, solely by myself once loaded on the trailer where i purchased it. From the time i slid the pallet jack under the mill, to the time it sat where i wanted it, was 15 min. Only cause i went VERY slowly.

7389ED12-392D-4CA0-9A1A-81F784E99276.jpeg

Back