I'm hankering for a 1911-Bud's Guns =out of stock?

Ahh, I assumed that you meant ejector because I wouldn't think that they would have given you a crappy extractor.
I run one of these Millennium extractors in my open gun. What makes them special is that it is a very hard pivoting bar. Once it is tuned it is miles ahead of stock spring type extractors.
View attachment 379334
This is definitely the best type of extractor to use. Easy to recognize. Always cycles flawlessly without any tuning, tweaking, filing, or spring changes! Less excuses, more shooting.

Glock-Extractor-w-Loaded-Chamber-Indicator_main-1.jpg

Stop messing around and get the one you deserve - a Wilson Combat!

I haven't purchased a gun since the start of the pandemic but I have noticed the local Sportsman's Warehouse has an ever increasing inventory of both rifles and pistols in stock. I have ordered a few guns off there website (pre-pandemic) and picked them up in store for an easy transfer (and paying the transfer tax.)

I own a Springfield 1911 and a old Norinco 1911 (Something about a Chinese 1911 just doesn't sound right but it is a fantastic shooter) but have always wanted a double stack 9mm 1911 (2011?) some day. Every time I look at the cost to build one it comes out significantly above the Rock Island FS Tac Ultra HC that I have been eyeing. And the Rock Island with the swappable 9mm / 22tcm barrels sounds like it would be a lot of fun at the range for a reasonable price even after including the price for a set of 22tcm reloading dies. When I bought my Norinco 25+ years ago all my buddies gave me a hard time about it but it is truly a gem. Everything I have read about the Rock Island 1911's, especially the fancier ones, makes me think that they are similar to my Norinco... a great gun at a great price.

P.S. When I take my Browning 1911-380 out EVERY ONE wants to shoot it! It is one of my favorite plinkers too! :) Browning actually used the barrel link action of the full sized 1911 making the 380 version one incredibly smooth shooter when compared to all the blow back 380 caliber 1911's.

Last edited:
Back