I'm in the Lapeer Mich area and can use some help

Metal1905

Registered
Registered
I have a couple project that I could use advice. Simple for experienced persons. One I need someone with a larger machine then my home table top mill and the others I could use guidance on how to set up. Thanks

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Im betting that if you could post more info and pictures of the machines, tooling and the parts you need help with that you will get many good and a few great responses to help you out.....Maybe even figure a way to accomplish your goal using that the Bench mill of yours! So anyway the more info you can provide will Help Us to Help You much more Effectively.

i have a full manual machine shop in my garage..... What are you trying to figure out?

Last edited:
I'm right down i75 from you in Lincoln Park.... I have a full manual machine shop in my garage..... What are you trying to figure out?
I think you are confusing Lapeer (near the Thumb) with Luna Pier down 75 near toledo.....Maybe?

Ok, 3 projects; one is a 4" angle plate that is bent, how do you attack this if no side is flat? I have a fly cutter if I can determine where to start. next is a plate of suppose to be 1060, 4 1/2 wide x 18"long 1'' thick. I need to make flat the blued side but the bottom in not flat and I dont have side clamps unless I san use wedges? I have a fly cutter and I draw filed it and it did some metal removal. and now the project I cant do myself but I want to learn; my anvil is ductile Iron, I have been running a file and got to the point that I have to remove more then a file and I need it flat. what done the two halves will fit together without any gaps. the anvil is 30= " tall and 170 ish lbs.

Attachments

• Angle plate.jpg
    Angle plate.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Blued base anvil.jpg
    Blued base anvil.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Blued top plate.jpg
    Blued top plate.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 8
I made a 10" × 13" angle plate so that I could use my rotary table horizontally. I had to borrow another angle plate from my sons employer to mill mine. I couldn't think of a better way. It came out alright.

I only have a tablet top mill, a fly cutter, a level.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Back