I'm making this knife and need help

saldash

Registered
Registered
Hi, Glad I've joined this community, This is the design I've made with Laser Cut machine. I need some tips on finishing it. It's length is 12.2 inch/310 millimeters and the blade's thickness is 0.275/7 millimeters. What's your suggestion on making its handle and the blade. By the way it's made from a leaf spring. I only heated it once, enough to flatten it. I also have designed a beveling machine for blade beveling which is shown in the second picture. It needs some corrections, The piston rods need to be attached to the bearings in their center. Any other thing to be corrected on it? Any suggestion will be appreciated so much!!:);):encourage:
photo_2018-09-25_10-43-26.jpg

Blade Bevel Jig.jpg

Last edited:
If you have any more leaf spring around, do a test heat treat with a tiny piece. You can use it as a neck knife later. Probably oil hardening. It's cheaper than O-1, but O-1 will be more predictable.

Whoa ! that is some blade . I have no idea how to heat treat it , and I'm not a grinder . But for scales I would use antler , then I would put a guard and a pommel . I can't decide between SS or brass .
Us knife guys hang out here https://www.hobby-machinist.com/forums/knifemaking.175/
Try not to feed the trolls , I know it's hard I have done it too .

Back