I'm switching from Dykem to a Magic Marker

Try some orange oil cleaner on the spill- it's good at removing spray paint from cars (my friend's jeep got sprayed by a graffiti jerk) so it should remove Dykem too without damage to the floor
-Mark

Try some orange oil cleaner on the spill- it's good at removing spray paint from cars (my friend's jeep got sprayed by a graffiti jerk) so it should remove Dykem too without damage to the floor
-Mark
Goof off, not Goo Gone.

Goof off is for removing stickers.

But acetone or (cover your ears OSHA!) MEK will work well too.

Just ventilate properly, wear ppe, yadda yadda.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Seems like the Dykem people haven't progressed their product design for forever, unless there is some great solution I don't know about. The stuff is messy, runny, stains stuff you don't want stained, like fingers, clumsy to use, weird brush inside, etc. I am pretty much on my last bottle of blue, but sadly that may last longer than I do.
Don't forget, "Takes forever to dry."

Don't forget, "Takes forever to dry."
When I apprenticed, we'd dip our parts in the evening, hang them out to dry, and then line them out the next morning.

That was in the 90s.

That stuff would rub off on everything, except your hands.

It's like it was skin dye adapted to work on metal.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I use dykem carefully when I need it. It's the original and the best, or so we're told.

Sharpies are just as good for marking a spot quickly.

For those of you who ruin Sharpies, have you tried the Sharpie "Industrial" series, with nitro solvent? They are made to cut through oily surfaces. They are blacker than Sharpie black. The tips aren't ruined by contaminants. They come in all sizes and colors. They are truly an improvement over the classic Sharpie. They work so well, it has to be spooky chemistry...

Back