IMI 9mm bolt. Uzi

tpic402

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Anybody have any info on converting full auto 9mm bolt to semi auto. Cannot find much out there in the way of drawings and or measurements. Some pictures but low on details. Seems silly to spend $380 on one that takes 6 to 12 weeks to get here whenI have all the tools!

Find someone with an uzi and take measurements. Maybe a friendly gun shop owner would let you mic the bolt and firing pin. Not much to an uzi bolt. Pretty basic stuff.
Full auto bolt has a fixed firing pin. And no slot milled in the bolt. Semi auto uzi model A has a slot milled in it plus a floating firing pin. Probably be easier to buy a hardened factory firing pin than trying to make one in my opinion.

You need to know what type of receiver modification you plan on going with to determine which way you modify the bolt along with which model/sized uzi you plan on building? Is it a clone build? which mag do you plan on using? Single or double fed? This will get you at least looking in the right direction!

Thanks for information, I have a McKay enterprise receiver. I have seen what the bolt looks like. And have a basic idea of what it looks like, but no real measurements, and semi auto full size uzi owners are hard to find! I did not know about double feed mags for Uzi. Mine is single. Thanks!,, just cannot believe that all the IMI UZI kits that have come to the USA. I cannot find measurements. Just pics of comparisons.

Take a look on the site called WeaponsGuild.com
That site does not compare to this hobby machinist site but overall is a decent group willing to help....although you should find all the info you need there.

Last edited:
OP, the information you need was so ridiculously easy for me to find using Google that I can't even bring myself to paste links here. I gotta ask, have you searched?

Ditto on weaponsguild. You need to mill a groove in the bolt for a blocking bar and drill or mill out firing pin for semi auto firing pin and buy a semi auto feed ramp. I think RTG parts in Colorado will have what you need. If you have a mill you can do it there is tutorials and blueprints on WG website.

These documents were copied from other public sources and are not mine. They relate to the full size UZI bolt, not the smaller versions.

Note: Drilling the firing pin hole is very tricky. The small drill bit can easily wander. Most builders anneal the bolt first, though that is no guarantee of the drill bit running true. I'd recommend carbide drill bits for this op.

Photo is one of two Semi-Auto Uzi's I've built. Suppressor is faux [fake].

00009.jpg

Attachments

• Uzi Bolt Conversion.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
  • UZI Bolt Info.pdf
    333.4 KB · Views: 61
  • UZI Striker Info.pdf
    377.6 KB · Views: 62
Curious to know if you found the information you needed and to see if you made any progress on the build you would like to share?

Back