Import EBay B & S #0 Indexing head.

I am confused. I have been looking at this, trying to resist the urge to buy and today when I looked it up I found it from another ebay seller for $219 with free shipping. But, the UPC shown is different. So then I started looking around by UPC and found a place in Canada selling it for $130.94ca with free shipping or $98.78us.

What has me confused is the different UPC's listed on each one. I know that manufacturers will make the same thing for different resellers and even mark with different branding for each. Each is assigned a unique UPC. But the huge difference in price has me worried. The photos are the same with the exception of the branding on the chuck.

What do you think?

I took a look at this last site, seems like the prices are way cheaper then everyone else. Is it a legit site ? I m tented to order from them but a little scared even if it seems that we can pay with paypal.

Did someone did ordered from them?

Had to remeve some link from the quote had a warning of spam in my reply ??

Thanks

I am torn between this style and the super rotary indexer. I really want a 8" as I have a full size mill but That's a great price. Will the BS style do something that the super rotary indexer cant?

This looks identical to the one I got from PM. except the brand name on my chuck is Yiyuan instead of Sanoi. Not quite as cheap $319, but still pretty cheap for what you are getting. I came close to ordering from one of the ebay sellers but decided to spend a little more at PM so I have someone to go back to if I have issues. Cheap for what it is, but it is still $300-ish.

I was pretty impressed, no sand, metal shavings or rubber cement like grease. Packed well and even all the fittings and screws were tight.

Sure beats what I got... 30 years ago I wanted one so bad that I made one.
Turned out pretty good. Good enough that I never needed to buy one.
The gear box is 50 to 1. I share my dividing plates with my mill end sharpener.

Attachments

• Home made Indexing head.JPG
    Home made Indexing head.JPG
    451.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Home made Indexing head. 2.JPG
    Home made Indexing head. 2.JPG
    436.5 KB · Views: 23
  • dividing plates.JPG
    dividing plates.JPG
    470 KB · Views: 19
Hard to tell from the picture but is the box made from pressure treated wood?

If so do you anticipate any corrosion issues caused by the chemicals in the wood?
Yes, it’s made out of the Kiln dried pressure treated after treating pine. KDAT aka Yellow Wood. It’s not like the crap sold at Big Box stores. In my area it’s usually a lumber yard product. I really like # 1 grade KDAT. Cost more but really nice lumber imo. Used it to build my garage door frames. Just framed up a 4x8 marine grade plywood about a year ago. And it’s been holding up very well.
I also used it for renovation of commercial store front and door front Frame about 5 years ago. Stuff holds out very well and I haven’t noticed any issues with chemical attack but you are right. I probably should paint it. I’ll probably paint inside and out once I build a top for it. FWIW, I built that box from some scraps of KDAT I had laying around the shop.352DB29D-2B35-444B-8014-59125F3006B0.jpeg

Mine arrived today, I got after it with the lysol first and will move on to degreasing next.

When the box arrived on the porch I was saddened to see it was in pretty rough shape and torn open but everything was there and no damage to anything. Whatever they dipped it in for rust preventative sure does smell bad.

And I saw in the manual they make a BS-2 as well which can do spiral fluting. It is quite a bit more but it sure would be cool to spend 40 hours making a drill bit I could pick up at Ace hardware for $10.

Very nice looking doors, i really like the design, sort of a Craftsman influence, but i have to ask why three hinges on the right hand door and two on the left.

Wild cat.., thanks for the compliment and to add; that’s a very good question that I recently asked myself after I posted the pic. Bottom line is that when I was building the shed all of my heavy tools (milling machine, press , welders and lathes) were at my old house. So I made 5 of them but never finished the last hinge. And my goodness it’s hard to believe it’s been over a year since I moved.
Out of pure embarrassment, I hunted down the pieces for that last hinge and finally got restarted on building / assembling that last hinge. Still need to tap a hole and weld the barrel hinge to the strap. Once I finish it, I’ll get it installed and finish painting the door trim and shed. That’s the other thing I forgot to mention. It’s just been primed with tinted primer. Still need to topcoat everything. I get easily sidetracked.
But in my defense I much rather work with machine tools than lumber and paint. So that contributes to my procrastination.

What has me confused is the different UPC's listed on each one. I know that manufacturers will make the same thing for different resellers and even mark with different branding for each. Each is assigned a unique UPC. But the huge difference in price has me worried. The photos are the same with the exception of the branding on the chuck.

What do you think?

The cheapest link did NOT show extra dividing plates in the pictures, and I didn't see it mentioned in the text either.....
-brino

The cheapest link did NOT show extra dividing plates in the pictures, and I didn't see it mentioned in the text either.....
-brino
I ended up going with the middle road option. I couldn't find any reviews or anything on the cheap website and in looking at their FAQ's saw that they don't make any promise it will be in stock and there was no contact information to call and ask. I am happy with what I got from the higher priced option and have already put it to use.Works like a charm. Although it does give me a greater appreciation for 4th axis capable CNC, that would be a time saver if I were doing more than one off projects.

First project was a large dial conversion for the compound on the lathe. I need to pick up a stamp set to number it but it looks pretty good so far.

Back