Import rotary tables

ThunderDog

Registered
Registered
Hi again,

I have a lead on a 12" Troyke with a couple dividing plates. But, at $650 bucks I'm not so sure if that's a good deal when I compare it to prices on eBay. Of course, while I was looking there it made me wonder how well the imports perform.

FYI, I'm putting this on my Wells Index Super 55. Is 12" too much for that size mill?

The prices of rotary tables, especially larger ones, have been dropping for some time. CNC and other answers are replacing them in commercial shops. Big tables are also heavy, and time consuming to place on the table. Don't be afraid to negotiate hard with someone selling a 12" RT. Make a low cash offer and walk away. I bought a cast iron surface plate from a guy who had bought a bunch of very nice larger (12-16") rotary tables to resell, and he said that no one wanted to even look at them.

Thanks Bob, that was the direction I was leaning. I'll pitch a number to him and see what happens.

Definitely check the weight...they are very heavy. The import ones are supposed to be ok. Check out Stephan on youtube. He measures a cheap import and then spruces it up.

There are good deals out there. I bought a mint 10" Yuassa for $125 at a antique auto flea market. Perfect: now I had to find some
teenager to carry the thing out of there. So I gave some kid 20 bucks to carry it to the sidewalk. still a score.......sam

and that sidewalk was like 8th of a mile oh its vertical & horizontal looks new to me but its like a 100lb bag of cement my bones can't do that.. no mo

Last edited:
I have a 12” rotary table and in my younger days, it was a handful to get up on the mill table. Now days I have to use a hoist. I don’t know the exact weight but I know it is well in excess of 100 lbs. closer to 150 is my guess. I’d gladly trade it for an 8 or 10”. I recently bought a 10” 4 jaw chuck to mount on the table but with the chuck weighing around 60 pounds I hesitate to install it because then I wouldn’t be able to move the table at all.

I bought a 10" RT on EBay about 4 months ago around $250.
It works so well, I now have the vise permanently mounted on the RT.
This is for a Grizzly G0730-size Mill.

Back