[4]

In a hurry

June Project of the Month [3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Scruffy

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Was in a hurry today because it was starting to rain and I had to get 4 white oak logs loaded on the trailer. 2 of them needed the but’s well cut off.
The moral of the story is don’tfill The gas tank of a 395 xp husqurva chain saw with bar oil.
Thanks scruffy in ohio

Downunder Bob

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Staff member
I've heard of adding a bit of upper cylinder lube to the fuel, but there is a limit. besides it's two stroke anyway, bet it ran smokey for a while.

FOMOGO

Active User
Kind of like adding several gallons of gas to a 40gal diesel tank. Always best to wait until after morning coffee to do this stuff. Mike

Downunder Bob

Staff member
I won't bet on it, sure as hell if I do, I'll end up doing it. I think my windshield washer fluid is more than methanol and water, cos it makes lots of bubbles, I think there is some heavy duty detergent in there too.

Many years ago a good friend put Diesel in her motor bike, she has forever since been known as Diesel Di, she wears the name with pride.

Last edited:

Al 1

Years ago my son had one of his buddies over to the house. He needed antifreeze in his car. Picked up an antifreeze container from the side of the garage and proceeded to pour into his radiator. Come to find out it was an old container I used to pour drain oil into. I now mark them as drain oil. Al

MrWhoopee

Years ago, my wife put anti-freeze in the oil filler. :eek:

Recently, a friend filled the fuel tank with bar oil. Local saw shop told him to drain, rinse with fuel, drain again and fill. Then spray fuel (not ether) into the intake. Start the saw and keep spraying fuel into intake as needed until it will run on its own.

Last edited:

jwmelvin

Brake fluid in power steering reservoir, pump growled a bit after.
I’ve done that; drained and replaced before running it and it wasn’t an issue. The bigger issue was the air we sucked into the ABS system trying to bleed while filling the power-steering reservoir. Had to get a shop with the Audi VAG computer to bleed the ABS actuator. It was a buddy’s car. Embarrassing.

Considerably worse, I once lubed my throttle cable with threadlocker. I still laugh about that.

projectnut

Was in a hurry today because it was starting to rain and I had to get 4 white oak logs loaded on the trailer. 2 of them needed the but’s well cut off.
The moral of the story is don’tfill The gas tank of a 395 xp husqurva chain saw with bar oil.
Thanks scruffy in ohio
Does that precaution also apply to my Husqvarna 455?

Silverbullet

Never done it , but made money cleaning many tanks of more then chainsaws. So your not unique . Even sabotaged engines only one I couldn't fix. Pure cola or root beer syrup was poured in the gas and oil. They had got it to start but it froze solid .

Last edited:

westerner

If you are gonna be stupid, ya gotta be TOUGH!
Operator in my fleet filled his HYDRAULIC tank with diesel fuel. And then ran the machine till he ran out of fuel. Job security fo' sho'

philip-of_Oregon

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
Yeh, the'rs lots of them. they are the ones who never learn.
That is why My Avatar is a Photo of me.

I've learned. ~The Hard Way~.

BTW, the Goggles are actually Prescription Eyeglasses, BEHIND the Safety Glass! They (the goggles) are made in Germany and are Super Comfortable, I had a pair of Glasses where the "arm" just FELL Off, I could not return them, they were made by the VA. So I popped the lenses out, and set an Insert on the lens and marked it with a "Fine" Sharpie.

I then used my Dremel, very carefully following the black line. To hold them in place I simply added "O" rings of the correct diameter.

Neither lens has moved at all, But I did paint the OUTSIDE of the Top, so I can see which direction the Bi-Focals worked!!

philip, from the Great Pacific NorthWET.

bfd

Staff member
did the same thing on my echo saw dumped it out right away and flushed the tank a couple times with gas. then filled and started the saw and ran it for awhile no damage except for ego. bill

Janderso

3 times last month. Customer's are putting the DEF (diesel emission fluid) in their fuel tanks. The DEF caps are small blue and the diesel are large green affairs. When this happens and the customer starts the vehicle and drives a bit, this repair turns into an insurance job. The cost to completely replace the fuel system in any late model, Ford, Ram, Chevy or GMC can run over $10,000!!
Be careful folks if you have a newer diesel.
(

RodJShaw

Swarf
Registered Member
A mountain biking mate of mine in a hurry mistook the dishwasher liquid for Gatorade. We now call him bubbles!

[6]
[5] [7]