In a hurry

I won't bet on it, sure as hell if I do, I'll end up doing it. I think my windshield washer fluid is more than methanol and water, cos it makes lots of bubbles, I think there is some heavy duty detergent in there too.

Many years ago a good friend put Diesel in her motor bike, she has forever since been known as Diesel Di, she wears the name with pride.

Last edited:
Years ago my son had one of his buddies over to the house. He needed antifreeze in his car. Picked up an antifreeze container from the side of the garage and proceeded to pour into his radiator. Come to find out it was an old container I used to pour drain oil into. I now mark them as drain oil. Al

Years ago, my wife put anti-freeze in the oil filler. :eek:

Recently, a friend filled the fuel tank with bar oil. Local saw shop told him to drain, rinse with fuel, drain again and fill. Then spray fuel (not ether) into the intake. Start the saw and keep spraying fuel into intake as needed until it will run on its own.

Last edited:
Brake fluid in power steering reservoir, pump growled a bit after.

Brake fluid in power steering reservoir, pump growled a bit after.

I’ve done that; drained and replaced before running it and it wasn’t an issue. The bigger issue was the air we sucked into the ABS system trying to bleed while filling the power-steering reservoir. Had to get a shop with the Audi VAG computer to bleed the ABS actuator. It was a buddy’s car. Embarrassing.

Considerably worse, I once lubed my throttle cable with threadlocker. I still laugh about that.

Was in a hurry today because it was starting to rain and I had to get 4 white oak logs loaded on the trailer. 2 of them needed the but’s well cut off.
The moral of the story is don’tfill The gas tank of a 395 xp husqurva chain saw with bar oil.
Thanks scruffy in ohio

Does that precaution also apply to my Husqvarna 455?

Never done it , but made money cleaning many tanks of more then chainsaws. So your not unique . Even sabotaged engines only one I couldn't fix. Pure cola or root beer syrup was poured in the gas and oil. They had got it to start but it froze solid .

Last edited:
Operator in my fleet filled his HYDRAULIC tank with diesel fuel. And then ran the machine till he ran out of fuel. Job security fo' sho'

Back