In a hurry

3 times last month. Customer's are putting the DEF (diesel emission fluid) in their fuel tanks. The DEF caps are small blue and the diesel are large green affairs. When this happens and the customer starts the vehicle and drives a bit, this repair turns into an insurance job. The cost to completely replace the fuel system in any late model, Ford, Ram, Chevy or GMC can run over $10,000!!
Be careful folks if you have a newer diesel.
(

Thankfully the diesel I have just ordered don't need to use it at all. Isuzu MUX.

A word of warning regarding chain saws. For those who live in areas where ethanol blend fuel is available, don't put it in your chainsaw. Sure it will run fine for a while quite a while in fact.

I had been using the ethanol blend, 10%, for a few years in our cars, they were approved for it, and I tended to use it for everything. It took about a year or maybe a bit longer then all three chainsaws got hard to start and would not run for more than a few seconds. Took them into the dealer who fixed them, He said all 3 had to rebuild the carbys and the fuel pumps, he said I must have had some bad fuel.

I suddenly realised when I got home, and went to mix a new batch of fuel, my 10lt gas tank had E10 on the label. Next time I saw the chainsaw guy, I asked about the E10, he replied yes that will do it.

I started buying the pre-mixed fuel in a can at the hardware store. We can't buy fuel where I live without ethanol.
Good warning!!
Thank you

My dealings of 10% ethanol is it eats the fuel lines up and makes the inside of the carb white and fussy.
Janderso, if you have a marinea near by check for gas their.
Thanks scruffy Ron in ohio

I started buying the pre-mixed fuel in a can at the hardware store. We can't buy fuel where I live without ethanol.
Good warning!!
Thank you
I've been buying pre-mixed fuel for a year now , it is the cleanest fuel for my 2 stroke trimmer and have a longer shelf life, but for my other gas powered machines (snow blower/lawn mower) with 4 stroke engines I now use gasoline without Ethanol, I found out some of the high octane gas (Premium gas) sold here are Ethanol free, for example Shell V-Power,, Esso premium 91 (not 93) are Ethanol free. check them out.

Good warning!!
Thank you
May not apply to all chainsaws, mine are all stihl and fairly old, so maybe new ones can tolerate the ethanol, I'd at least check withy the dealers.

Back