In need of a (hopefully) simple turned part

Wolf_LikeMe

Registered
Registered
Hello,
I've been struggling to find anywhere local with a lathe to turn this part and I was wondering if anyone here would be able to help me out?
I'm in the UK if that makes a difference.

The grade of material shouldn't be to critical and I have designed it from a standard stock size to hopefully make things easier to source and flip in the chuck.
I'm not sure about the feasibility threading the end up to the next face but an undercut can always be added to allow the tool some clearance (so long as it doesn't dramatically weaken the part)

Thanks again!

Attachments

• Cleaning Jag.png
    Cleaning Jag.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 161
Hi Wolf_LikeMe,

Just one piece needed?
What's the timeframe?
What are the tolerances for groove diameters and positions?

I'm in NY and can probably get it done in a week or two.

John

Hi John,

Yeah I only really need one piece to see how well it works etc.
It's been on the backburner for ages so there is no real concern about time.
Tolerance wise, it doesn't really have to be anything too critical is something like 0.2 mm feasible for the position? For the diameter I'd be prone to undersize it rather than over size the diameter.

Hi John,

Yeah I only really need one piece to see how well it works etc.
It's been on the backburner for ages so there is no real concern about time.
Tolerance wise, it doesn't really have to be anything too critical is something like 0.2 mm feasible for the position? For the diameter I'd be prone to undersize it rather than over size the diameter.
PM me and I will give you a quote.

Glad to help out.

Also, what is the constraint? The 50 deg angle or the 2.25mm length of the angle. I didn't do the geometry to verify.

John

Back