inconsistent cuts when turning CB 1220 XL

One thing that I will point out is that any manual machine for consistency requires you to always approach a setting from the same direction. If you get in the habit of doing that, back lash will never affect the finished product. It doesn't matter how much the machine cost or who made it.
My cuts have improved the more I use the machine.
I have troubles here and there especially on threading. 1. The slowest the lathe goes is 325 rpms
I dont have a thread dial so have to keep 1/2 nut engaged then backing off the saddle to return to cut start and dial back into zero is not always consistent. Not sure if a DRO is helpful at this point or just use this machine until a reach my and or its limits and rethink selling for something better.

My cuts have improved the more I use the machine.
I have troubles here and there especially on threading. 1. The slowest the lathe goes is 325 rpms
I dont have a thread dial so have to keep 1/2 nut engaged then backing off the saddle to return to cut start and dial back into zero is not always consistent. Not sure if a DRO is helpful at this point or just use this machine until a reach my and or its limits and rethink selling for something better.

Use that thing until you outgrow it. Once you master this machine, moving to a larger and better machine. You will have zero problem stepping up to some truly fine results. Keep this machine tuned properly and you will get very consistent results.

Cutting oil is my blood.

Use that thing until you outgrow it. Once you master this machine, moving to a larger and better machine. You will have zero problem stepping up to some truly fine results. Keep this machine tuned properly and you will get very consistent results.

Cutting oil is my blood.
Thanks for the tips, i need a proper work space. Playing around with it in a shed with generator power sucks a bit.

Back