Indenify this!

bug_hunter

Registered
Registered
Can anyone out there identify the make and model of this saw? Seller cannot find any names or numbers.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Hacksaw.png
    Hacksaw.png
    798.4 KB · Views: 219
It looks very much like a Keller, especially the vise jaws and rails, pulley guards, and saw frame. As to model I can’t right off the bat but I have some older Keller literature I may be able to scare up and check. There isn’t much from the factory or manufacturer on them although there’s plenty of the actual machines out there. Here’s mine — a model 3WA — which came with coolant and air over hydraulic downfeed. I’ve done a few modifications (new guards, oiling cups, etc) as it was a real basket case when I got it. Still a bit of one, but works and I use it for larger stock.

1636338576772.jpeg

-frank

It looks very much like a Keller, especially the vise jaws and rails, pulley guards, and saw frame. As to model I can’t right off the bat but I have some older Keller literature I may be able to scare up and check. There isn’t much from the factory or manufacturer on them although there’s plenty of the actual machines out there. Here’s mine — a model 3WA — which came with coolant and air over hydraulic downfeed. I’ve done a few modifications (new guards, oiling cups, etc) as it was a real basket case when I got it. Still a bit of one, but works and I use it for larger stock.

View attachment 384696

-frank
Looks like you did a real nice job restoring it. Basket case no more.
I didn't know they had air cylinders on those.

Thanks. It took me a few years to get it done but I like the looks of it as well. Paint of course works wonders!

Yes a few of their offerings did have the air over hydraulic, others had a more conventional rack arrangement which I think may be more reliable in the long run. It took me a long time trying to figure out how it was supposed to work because there is such scant information floating around, and the ones with the hydraulic may not be the most common. It worked for a while and was super cool to watch, but then something went haywire and subsequently downhill. I’m not really well versed in these types of systems so I just more or less work around it. Still functions as a manual downfeed, just not as entertaining.

Kudos to Francist I think.

Looks like it may be a Keller Jefferson 601. See the photo I found of one on the Vintage Machinery site.

1636346289385.png

But it looks to be missing the vertical ratchet bar, near the switch. And also has a few guards not on this one.

Thanks to all for the insight. Now the real questions is it worth the 90 minutes each way and the $$$$'s?

If you are just getting it to cut metal, then no, you’d be better off with an inexpensive HF bandsaw.
But if it’s for nostalgic or artistic reasons, who are we to stand in your way? :)

Back