Index 40H pics

Are you going to cut chips . . . or buy it a dress? :laughing:

Seriously, it looks beautiful and such a nice unit for a small hobby shop.
The worm drive assembly at the rear of the ram is something I've not seen before. I assume it's to control the roll of the head.
Also, the strut helping to support the motor. Very nice design features for what, in it's day, must have been considered a light weight machine.

Congratulations on your purchase and achievement.

Nice work on that 40H. What's the HP and weight of the motor?

Beautiful job Rocket86. I just picked up a model 40 last weekend. I see your automatic oiler and lines (nice job btw), what type of oiler is it? how/where did you run the lines? Any details would be greatly appreciated because I want to add and oiler to my model 40.

The oiler is a Bijur L2P that I found on eBay. They seem to hold their value very well. It does do a good job. I ran the lines to all the ways and X and Y leadscrews. The Z already had oiler fittings on the knee so I kept using those, they're pretty easy to do. I located the oil fittings to put the oil into the grooves cut by the factory. The knee didn't have any grooves for the Z-ways so I cut some myself, to match the way they did it on the saddle. This is pretty much how I plumbed everything. I used straight thread adapters in the machine so I could position the compression fittings wherever I wanted them. It seems to work well, there's a visible oil film on the ways when I'm using it.

Attachments

• Saddle plumbing.JPG
    Saddle plumbing.JPG
    494.2 KB · Views: 6
Back