Which one to keep

• model 40

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a question about the 745.
After looking at
jimbo762 post about his 745
My 745 has a motor that raises the table.
I thought all of the 745 had them.
Nope! That was an option that could be ordered when the mill was new.

Let's see some pictures of your power feed unit for raising and lowering the table.

Now, you can buy a aftermarket power feed unit from one of the several places offering them for sale. May have to modify the shaft, the way it mounts, etc. to make it work right for your mill.

If you notice, Jimbo's mill is not equipped with power feed to the table in X or Y, either. The only power feed he has is on the head just like yours.

Ya, my arms getting tired just moving the table out of the way to get the thing ready to do work haha

Mine didnt feel that heavy when i pulled it off but i just went and threw a tape on mine. Showing 40.5 inches IMG_2612.jpg edge to edge on mine. Not sure how tables are supposed to be measured though.

Jimbo did you say you unloaded your 745 with a engine hoist? How high was your trailer? I want to bring the 745 to the house.
It has sat at the shop we work out of for 2 years.I can borrow a tilt trailer but I am afraid of it tipping over when unloading it.
I have a 16 foot trailer I could load it on but its about 16" tall I am afraid it would be to tall for the engine hoist.
My other option is to get the machine mover to move it but he would be a couple hundred bucks
Paul

i used a regular car hauler so i would guess 16-18 inches high at the deck. It doesnt have sides so that helped a lot but i had to take it off the back at the house so either way, it can be done.
Ya, i used a cheap 2 ton cherry picker i picked up off craigslist the day before i went to look at the mill. Didnt think it had the oomph to get it that high but it did. You're welcome to borrow mine if you dont have one.
I spun the head all the way down and the table as low as it would go for travel. To attach it to the trailer, i just ran two chains through the two holes in the main body and hooked them at four opposing corners. Used binders to tighten the heck out of them. It didnt budge one smidgen for the hour drive home and its a metal floor trailer so very little natural traction. Used a come-a-long to move it around on the trailer. Rested the mill on the cherry picker legs and used that as a dolly in the garage :).

Back