Indexable end mills

Moper361

Registered
Registered
Hello all .Finally im on my way back home to my hobby room after 3 weeks away for work for a nicely earned break .While ive been at work i have managed to fill my head with a million things i want to change and build lol as the job has been quiet so have had plenty of day dream time haha and spent a load on buying stuff online for my shop the idle mind is dangerous when you have this hobby . I would like to know if any of you can give advice on smaller indexable end mills 1/2 inch upto inch .Ive been looking at a few and wondering how they perform against the regular 4 flute end mills im using now i only use chinese brand standard end mills at the momment but maybe interested in a few smaller indexable end mills if they are any good .My use is just basic stuff cutting a ledge or slot in brass aluminium and steel .my mill is nothing fancy just a chinese unit but seems to do the job for me .Im limited to 6 speeds ranging between 75 rpm to 1600 rpm i dont run a constant cooling system .Any help or thoughts appreciated on the subject
Regards Nat

This old Tony uses 3/8, 1/2", 3/4" shars indexable end mills. I've many times considered getting some and many times almost pulled the trigger but shipping to Canada is brutal.

How heavy of a mill do you have? Is it a Bridgeport clone? or smaller?

How heavy of a mill do you have? Is it a Bridgeport clone? or smaller?
Think this tge best way to discribe it is not huge and i usually run a mt4 er40 collet chuck the ddrill chucks in there as i drilled some holes in a work peice last time i used it 20180111_161109.jpg

Hello all .Finally im on my way back home to my hobby room after 3 weeks away for work for a nicely earned break .While ive been at work i have managed to fill my head with a million things i want to change and build lol as the job has been quiet so have had plenty of day dream time haha and spent a load on buying stuff online for my shop the idle mind is dangerous when you have this hobby . I would like to know if any of you can give advice on smaller indexable end mills 1/2 inch upto inch .Ive been looking at a few and wondering how they perform against the regular 4 flute end mills im using now i only use chinese brand standard end mills at the momment but maybe interested in a few smaller indexable end mills if they are any good .My use is just basic stuff cutting a ledge or slot in brass aluminium and steel .my mill is nothing fancy just a chinese unit but seems to do the job for me .Im limited to 6 speeds ranging between 75 rpm to 1600 rpm i dont run a constant cooling system .Any help or thoughts appreciated on the subject
Regards Nat

211a99e51a4bec88a1216ab4d855262d.jpgThis is my 3/4 insert mill. I’m working on boring bar conversation into a turning tool.

I have had this tool for 3 or so years. Use it often I picked up from a local distributor. At the time it was around $100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wreck" data-source="post: 556698" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
I may be wrong but I suspect that an inserted endmill will not give you the results that you are expecting when used in such a machine.

That being said the only way to find out is to buy one and try it.

Have at it.
One may buy a nicely made tool for less then $200.00 in that size range.

https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tn...s?searchterm=insert+endmills&navid=4287924448

I used mine on a PM 25 before I got the Lagun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back