Indicator holder for a PM932

CaptNemo

Registered
Registered
What is the diameter of the quill on a PM932 ?
I't been a long road to getting my mill set up ( 1.5 years - had to finish the workshop, etc. ), but I don't have easy access to the machine to measure the quill diameter to buy an Indicol type indicator holder.
Can anyone assist ?

Since everyone likes photos:

IMG_5815.JPG

10' of crusty 3 X 0.250" wall square tubing was where I started for the riser base.

IMG_5816.JPG

PPE is Important !!
There is a crack in the protective cover glass on my phone right over the "selfie lens" is why the photo is blurry

IMG_5812.JPG

Cleaning up the tubing - in process, Before cutting and Welding.
The 14" abrasive chopsaw didn't like the .250" wall tubing.
It gagged on it pretty badly, Turning the tubing 90° once I was down to the bottom of the tube made life easier on both the saw and myself.

IMG_5818.JPG

The bolt pattern on the cast iron base isn't square, be be prepared to measure twice and drill once.
I welded 0.120" wall tubes into the drilled bolt holes for more rigidity.
I still have to drill the holes for the leveling feet and weld the doubler plates onto the bottom of the base to spread the load over a larger area.
It will get a final cleanup with a grinder and a flap disk, then a ospho wipedown, a coat of primer, and then paint before assembly to the base.

Indicol #178 is the one that will fit or any clone that fits Bridgeport J.

Thank you, that saved me a ton of time !

No problem.

I purchased a brand new original Indicol, I was never happy with it. Not sure if it was just the one I had but the arm never tightened up well. I sold it for the price I paid & got me a $10 import clone. I got rid of it & attched a Noga arm to it, couldn't be happier with it now. Seen in Post 106.

Another to consider is the one made by Edge Technology. It's fairly new so I haven't heard much about it but I own a number of their products, all are excellent quality. http://www.edgetechnologyproducts.com/indicator-holder-clamp-mount/

No problem.

I purchased a brand new original Indicol, I was never happy with it. Not sure if it was just the one I had but the arm never tightened up well. I sold it for the price I paid & got me a $10 import clone. I got rid of it & attched a Noga arm to it, couldn't be happier with it now. Seen in Post 106.

Another to consider is the one made by Edge Technology. It's fairly new so I haven't heard much about it but I own a number of their products, all are excellent quality. http://www.edgetechnologyproducts.com/indicator-holder-clamp-mount/

Will, Is there anything you haven't stuck a NOGA arm on? :beer mugs:

Will, Is there anything you haven't stuck a NOGA arm on? :beer mugs:
+1^. I am a hobbyist in the purest sense, but I gotta say- I bought my Noga, with dial and test indicator, over a decade ago, and it is the most user friendly style I have ever used, or have SEEN used. Every time I see another use for it, or base style to adapt it to, my project list grows. Thanks guys. I was almost out of stuff to do. (Sarcasm, in IT'S purest sense!)

No problem.

Inexpensive enough to give it a try.

Back