Industro-Lite M500 Horizontal/Vertical Milling Machine S/N 242 - TOOL GLOAT!!!!!

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
Registered
Here we go again!!!!
i came across an Industro-Lite M500 Horizontal/vertical Milling machine too good to pass up!!!

a couple of pics for the interested....

INDUSTRO LITE M500 2.jpg

INDUSTRO LITE M500 1.jpg

INDUSTRO-LITE M500 3.JPG

it's a 600 lb, cast iron, 120 volt milling machine , it has a 6" x 24" 3 slotted(3/8" wide slots) and drilled and tapped holes across the deck
for hold down points. a really nice feature for bolting directly to the table deck, MT3 Taper Horizontal and Vertical taper.

there is power feed for the unit but something is broken and it doesn't function. i'll get into that project on another thread...

it came with a pile of MT3 taper tooling, arbors , slab mills, shell mills, overarm auxiliary supports, a 8" fly cutter , and other stuff i 'm sure i didn't mention...

it runs like a top, it has 8 speeds plus back gear reduction, a really solidly built machine!
the table glides like glass, the knee is easy to move and also rigid.
i don't approve of the power feed input drive being a #35 chain, into the norton style gear driven QCGB, but it was a way of transmitting power cheaply...

all in all i'd give it very high ratings, it appears to be tough as well as highly accurate in manufacture, simple in design.

i'll post more pics after i mess around with it some more!

as always,
thanks for reading,

i would welcome any information regarding the M500 or any other models of the Industro Lite mills.
any comments are also most welcome.

INDUSTRO LITE M500 2.jpg INDUSTRO LITE M500 1.jpg INDUSTRO-LITE M500 3.JPG

Last edited:
Great score Doc! Keep the pics of the progress coming!

Keep it up buying all them god deals and the ministry of finance is gonna step on your pee pee.... You can't have much room left in your shop now, and if you do I am gonna suffer from envy there too. Congrats on the great score with all that tooling too. I know you got the best end of that deal all the way around. Now I just need to convince you to come live at my house so some of that luck will rub off on me.

Bob

thanks guys,
this stuff practically falls into my lap...
i have an odd magnetism towards obscure or unusual machinery.

it is official.
i can't put any more equipment in my shop without expansion.
luckily a lot of my stuff is on wheels so i just move it to a suitable location and go to work.

I picked up an Industro-Lite M500 Horizontal/vertical Milling machine at an estate auction this past week. The previous owner removed the power feed and put on a variable speed gear motor, I still have the original power feed. The mill is first class machine. Any one out there have a owners manual ?

Hi Gentleman,
if you send me your email, i'll send you the literature i have

Hi Gentleman,
if you send me your email, i'll send you the literature i have
Ulma Doctor:
I realize this is an extremely old post. My brother in law has an M500 and he is desperate for any literature that you may have.

It doesn't appear that I can attach my email.

Thank you in advance.

Back