information about the Doall speed disc

Volharding

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Hello Members around the World,

A half year ago I bought a Doall bandsaw type 2013-V with a blade welding implementation.

On the outsite there is a disc for speed determanation. I am not a educated metall worker so IO don't untherstand the working of the disc.

Is there someone how can explean me the working of it?

20190522_143626.jpg

I will be very happy with any explanation.
Regards from the Netherlands.

By turning the red ring, it shows aprox. speeds of the blades and also the feed rates for different types of material and the thickness of the material being sawed. I f I remember right it also tells you which tooth type saw blade to use for that also. The bicycle chain attached to the back is used in conjunction with a toothed half round and angled accessory with handles to feed a part by hand or by the foot pedal. The chain goes around the half round and connects to the other side, and the foot pedal is then released (upwards) to give pressure inward to feed. It has adjustable pressures by turning the hand crank on the lower right of the machine. If you look at this pic of a DoAll on the table is the feeder

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DOALL-2013...672792?hash=item34083026d8:g:vaYAAOSwcwdcq4H-

Another pic of an old style one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GROB-DOALL...:yJUAAOSwNddclrRn:sc:USPSPriority!06716!US!-1

I am quite familiar with the DoAll saw's feeding arrangement, but the saw pictured is not equipped with any of it, save the push fixture, which was just used to safely push work into the blade.

By turning the red ring, it shows aprox. speeds of the blades and also the feed rates for different types of material and the thickness of the material being sawed.

If memory serves, none of the above influences the speed of the blade, you gotta change belts and pulleys for that.

A much different style! Commonly, they had a 2 speed transmission with a vari drive and tachometer to indicate blade speed; apparently the one pictured in the earlier comments had an electronic speed control that replaced the vari drive. Obviously, the red ring device was simply a rotary "slide rule" that directed specific speeds / feeds, blade styled for different materials.

Thank you all for the information.
My Doall has a vari drive speed spindel, no tachometer or somthing like that.
I studdy the disc a little more and now I understand the numbers an selection items on the disc if you turn him around.
here some more pictures of the machine.20190527_094644.jpg20190527_095208.jpg20190527_095227.jpg2019-03-06 13.55.01.jpg

Back