Interesting 10" Craftman with aftermarket QCGB

Western Aircraft made one, probably to offset lack of business after the War suddenly ended. I think that there was one on a 12" Craftsman in a photo recently posted here.

Western Aircraft made one, probably to offset lack of business after the War suddenly ended. I think that there was one on a 12" Craftsman in a photo recently posted here.
One of my vendors (a hydraulics shop) has a Th42 like mine with the Western Aircraft QCGB , mine has the pic-o-matic but they never engage it they mainly use the old Atlas to polish pump shafts etc.TJ

After reading this I went out to the garage and looked at mine and it is atlas

I haven't seen any pricing info on the Western QCGB but assume that it is about the same as for the O'brien. When the Atlas QCGB appeared in late 1947/early 1948 the 1500 (QCGB for the 10F) and 1570 (for the 10D) was $65.00. And when the kit for the 101.07403 and earlier appeared in 1951, it was $71. Which probably at least partially explains the rarety of the O'brien and Western.

There is a Craftsman 12x36 lathe for sale near me with one of these QCGBs fitted to it. I am really tempted to buy it.

I would make certain that everything on the New-All box works, as the replacement parts situation is sure to be poor except for any generic bushings used in it.

Back