Introducing "Boat Anchor", an Atlas MHC Mill restoration (almost)

You really shouldn't have painted the table working surface. And hopefully you didn't paint the male and female dove tail under the table. Otherwise it looks quite good.

It will cost you a minimum of $10.00 donation in order to gain access to Downloads, but in the A/C Catalogs section there are large photos of the MFC, M1C and MHC that will show what little you are missing. Note that you are NOT missing the overarm guard or cover. It was dropped on the C-models in favor of an outboard mounted Arbor Support. Otherwise, most of the C parts are the same as on the B-models. If you should decide to become a donor, be sure that you read and head the Downloads instructions that you will find in the Sticky area at the top of this forum.

You will also want to download the current version of the mill owner's and parts manual, Atlas Mill Bulletin MMB-5. It is currently REV 8-1 from late last year.

It is beautiful! If you want the original arms, my recommendation is to keep your eye on eBay. It may take many months but eventually they will likely show up for sale. People sometimes convert from levers to cranks and put the levers up for sale.

I don't think sand blasting is a good idea. I would use paint stripper. My table has no sign of paint anywhere. I think Atlas shipped them with unpainted tables.

It is beautiful! If you want the original arms, my recommendation is to keep your eye on eBay. It may take many months but eventually they will likely show up for sale. People sometimes convert from levers to cranks and put the levers up for sale.

I don't think sand blasting is a good idea. I would use paint stripper. My table has no sign of paint anywhere. I think Atlas shipped them with unpainted tables.

I have been checking Ebay out on a regular basis, and have not seen anything. I may try Clausing.

An MHB just popped up on eBay. Starting bid of $250. It has at least one of the levers you are looking for.

An MHB just popped up on eBay. Starting bid of $250. It has at least one of the levers you are looking for.

Good catch! But there is one problem. You see, i have a sickness. If I purchased that, I would want to restore it. And then I would need THREE of those arms! lol But, that arm is exactly what I am looking for. Maybe someone will buy it and part it out.
Thank-you for passing that information on to me.

P.S. And my mail lady would kill me!!

And it sounds as though the seller is not even aware that an MH* is a lever fed machine. Or that both 2-step cone pulleys are missing.

And it sounds as though the seller is not even aware that an MH* is a lever fed machine. Or that both 2-step cone pulleys are missing.

And that is just to start.

Yeah, that too.

I doubt anyone will bid on the eBay listing. Maybe wait until the auction ends then contact the seller and offer to purchase the arm. He can do a new listing of the arm just for you.

Even to convert it to an MFB, you might get lucky and break even, but it would probably be a loss.

Back