Introduction to Indexable Tooling for the Metal Lathe

Mine has already arrived, There is much valuable information contained within. I think the experience shared will help folks when getting started by purchasing the correct type and quality tooling will more than pay for the book. Sometimes spend good money for quality on the front end will save lots on the back end. The charts and calculation formulas are very helpful since they are in one place instead of all over the internet or in one of the manufactures catalogs. Who knows since mine is a First Edition the grandson may just look at it one and go wow this is cool. OK, Dave now I want it autographed. Thanks Dave!!

Steve

Mine is at least out of the first box :)

Mine has already arrived, There is much valuable information contained within. I think the experience shared will help folks when getting started by purchasing the correct type and quality tooling will more than pay for the book. Sometimes spend good money for quality on the front end will save lots on the back end. The charts and calculation formulas are very helpful since they are in one place instead of all over the internet or in one of the manufactures catalogs. Who knows since mine is a First Edition the grandson may just look at it one and go wow this is cool. OK, Dave now I want it autographed. Thanks Dave!!

Steve
Steve, I'd be happy to autograph it for you. DM me if you are serious - I'd even return it with a carbide insert used during evaluation for inclusion in the book. :)

My son and I are completely new to metalworking and the whole topic of indexable tooling for the lathe is indecipherable without a proper decoder ring. David went to great lengths to help us deice upon which mill and lathe to buy and his book provides the necessary foundation to understanding the tooling needed for our lathe. It explains things that in a way that make sense to someone with no prior knowledge of the topic. Hours and hours of googling would have been completely unnecessary if David had only published his book a few months earlir.

Thanks, David "Simply the" Best

Dave Davies

David put in countless hours in distilling down the basics for lathe tool holders/indexing inserts, and then put it in a step wise fashion for different levels of use. In the long run buying a book like this saves you from making lots of mistakes and then not knowing why your are not getting good cutting performance. Worthwhile investment for anyone getting into lathes and/or trying to figuring indexable tooling.
Mark

Back