inverter duty motors for 1440’s

Spotshooter

Registered
Registered
I noticed a couple of you guys changed out the stock motors with inverter duty motors ...

I’m considering the same, what make and models did you guys end up with .. This way the thread is an easy reference.

Thanks
Mike

You already know this but for the threads sake...

Marathon E470
Gates 2AK27 x 1-1/8 Sheave

Per what Jbolt indicated. The stock motor in single phase is 2 Hp, 3 phase is 3 Hp from what I recall. The Marathon E470 is already a large and heavy (105 Lbs) motor, I do not feel there is anything gained by going with a vector 3 Hp motor, although the BlackMax and Baldor IDNM might fit with the encoder cover removed and the jack shaft cutoff. Another possibility would be a 2 Hp BlackMax Y551 or IDNM3587T which have a 145 motor frame size and then over speeding them to 120 Hz with a smaller pulley. I ran a IDNM3587T on my 1340GT and it was rock solid under any load, but I I still feel the E470 is the optimal replacement motor on the 1440GT and a cost effective replacement, albeit with some mods required. Kudos to jbolt for his extensive information posted of all the mods he made to his 1440GT.

Happens to be an E470 and a IDNM3587T listed on eBay the E470 with free shipping.

Baldor IDNM3587T. Could not be happier with it. The one Mark linked to is a steal at $500.

Back