Involute Gear Pitch for ACME Thread

Can only guess how the 2 gib screws are situated on your machine as I'm not familiar with the PM935 mill.
The Bridgeport uses a single lock which has a taper that bears against the knee gib when the front handle is rotated up.

"Tming" 2 screws to advance evenly is not going to be easy. Using indexable (or adjustable) handles with external threads to match what's on your mill might get the job done if they are linked in such a way so that they tighten up evenly. The linkage(s) would have to have an "evener" (think of a single horse evener , but in reverse) to allow some leeway between the handle positions. A lever with an eccentric or screw/nut assembly could then be attached to pull the center of the evener to employ the locks.
Check out some indexable/adjustable handles on McMaster-Carr or on Amazon, to name a few sources.

gatz

Can only guess how the 2 gib screws are situated on your machine as I'm not familiar with the PM935 mill.
The Bridgeport uses a single lock which has a taper that bears against the knee gib when the front handle is rotated up.

"Tming" 2 screws to advance evenly is not going to be easy. Using indexable (or adjustable) handles with external threads to match what's on your mill might get the job done if they are linked in such a way so that they tighten up evenly. The linkage(s) would have to have an "evener" (think of a single horse evener , but in reverse) to allow some leeway between the handle positions. A lever with an eccentric or screw/nut assembly could then be attached to pull the center of the evener to employ the locks.
Check out some indexable/adjustable handles on McMaster-Carr or on Amazon, to name a few sources.

gatz

There are two indexing handles that tighten against the left column gib. They are a pain in the ass to work with because you have to reach clear around and under the table. I don't know why the Bridgeport lock feature was not copied on this mill.

I have not given up on this project just other priorities for now.

If the vertical gib is adjusted correctly, it is not necessary to apply the lock(s) for most work

Back