Is a Hipromac/Dashin Prince 1340 lathe the same as...?

mace2364

Registered
Registered
Hi all,

I'm trying to find some information about a lathe I just purchased. It's a Hipromac 1340. The manual that came with it shows a Dashin Prince lathe, so I assume those are the same thing. However, the company name listed in the manual seems to be a dead end. Are there any other lathes, such as a particular Grizzly, Jet, or whatever, that would share parts with these? I've heard a lot of these Asian made lathes are often sold under several different labels and models, even though they are the same machine. This one has a 1 3/8" spindle bore, and has a pull out knob to engage the feed rather than the usual lever. I figure that has to be a clue, as those strike me as somewhat unusual features.

Thanks!

Some were sold here in New Zealand under the Bramley name. I inherited my father in laws one. It is Taiwanese made in the 1980s. I found the Dashin Prince manual online, but I don’t think parts are available.

Post a couple photos, and it is very likely others here have a relative of it.

OK, since you all tried to help me here I'm going to pass along what I've been able to find out. This machine is basically the same machine that MSC is selling as their Vectrax. There were apparently some changes that took place with them, so possibly not 100% parts compatibility depending upon when the specific machine was made.

Hi all,

I'm trying to find some information about a lathe I just purchased. It's a Hipromac 1340. The manual that came with it shows a Dashin Prince lathe, so I assume those are the same thing. However, the company name listed in the manual seems to be a dead end. Are there any other lathes, such as a particular Grizzly, Jet, or whatever, that would share parts with these? I've heard a lot of these Asian made lathes are often sold under several different labels and models, even though they are the same machine. This one has a 1 3/8" spindle bore, and has a pull out knob to engage the feed rather than the usual lever. I figure that has to be a clue, as those strike me as somewhat unusual features.

Thanks!
I own a 1340 Dashin Prince (sold by MSC) and I enjoy it. It will do just about anything I ask of it.

Back