Is Heavy Metal CNC out of business?

LLuck

Registered
Registered
I'm new to this site, and pretty new to machining though not necessaraly to metalwork. Late last year I added a Grizzly G0704 to my shop with the plan to convert it to CNC. After looking around on the Internet I decided to order a conversion kit from Bruce at Heavy Metal CNC. After having a little trouble getting an order in I got an email from Debbit, Bruce's wife letting me know that Bruce passed away just before Christmas. But, after a bit of delay I got the order and started the tear down according to the instruction on their website. The first thing I discovered was that the directions apparently are for an earlier version of the kit. Not a serious problem. I just adjusted and kept going, up to a point. The point was installing the X axis ball screw, when I discovered that the leadscrew is several inches shorter than the X axis table.

So, I first checked their website to see if I had missed something. The website is down and showing just a page saying it's down indefinitely. Then phone calls go to voicemail and email is not returned. This has been the case for over a week. Anyone know if they are out of business?

Would also appreciate hearing from anyone who has converted a G0704 with the Heavy Metal CNC conversion kit who would be willing to share their experience.

Larry

I dont know I found the same thing. Would be a shame, there is still the Arizona guy.

If memory serves me correctly there was a death in the family.

Bruce died in December ish. For a bit his helper seemed to be running things and the website was still active, but that appears to be no more.

Back