Is It Ok to Convert Wood Faceplate For Metal?

This is exactly what E Snipe is for; you bid your $30, nobody sees it, nobody knows you are even involved until that magic six seconds before the end of the auction, and that is too late for anyone to respond. I think there is another bid service that is a few seconds lathe. E Snipe does not charge for unsuccessful bids, and their charge is quite minimal.

First the goal when bidding on Ebay is to pay the lowest price. Not your maximum. Second, there are a lot of people on Ebay who only bid the minimum bid increment. Let's say an item's current bid is $10 and you are willing to pay $30. So you bid $30 but Ebay only bids the next increment over $10 for you. You are the current high bidder at $11. Another bidder comes along and bids $12. They are instantly out bid by you. Price now at $13. So they bid $14 and are again instantly out bid. And on and on it goes until you are bid up to your maximum or close to it.. If you hadn't bid your maximum early that person would have stopped at their first bid. And you could snipe bid at the end of the auction with your $30 maximum yet only paid $14 or $15 for the item. This is just one strategy for bidding on Ebay. There are others.
Been there, done that ... from both sides of the formula. Embarrassed to admit it, but once or twice I've been bitten by a "gotta have it" bidding frenzy.

Been there, done that ... from both sides of the formula. Embarrassed to admit it, but once or twice I've been bitten by a "gotta have it" bidding frenzy.

So have I - but never for tools. I have a collection of tobacco pipes. Some of them are truly unique. Literally one of a kind. So I've gone overboard a few times bidding on them. Certain shop made tools may be one of a kind, but that not what I would be looking for. Therefore, if the price goes too high I know there are others out there. That is a big help, even if the item is rare.

We all have our weakness for certain items, or classes of items ----

I think snipe programs should be band on eBay. JMO and I am sticking to it.

It would always be permissible to do it manually, why not automatically?

Back