isacon a2 series vfd shutting off after starting

We'll be happy to help whenever needed :)

I have that exact VFD running my 5hp King Rich mill and it works a fine. Because I am limited to 20amps at my house I also have the VFD ramp the motor slowly to limit the inrush current.

I can not read the details in the photos, but the motor needs to be wired for Delta not Y (Star). These VFD's will not put out more voltage than the mains feeding them. So in my case 240V AC, my motor was 415V I had to open the motor and bring the Y connection out so I could connect the motor to the VFD in Delta 3 phase which is 240V per phase.

Ok new question on the dreaded VFD issue, the motor in the previous thread was too fast for the vfd and the moulder so it was taken to the shop and rewound to approximately half speed which is 900 rpm. It is now back on the moulder but when I try to run the feed it barely turns.. is there a frequency or setting on it I should change? It was running before it went to the shop, It was just running way to fast to run any wood through it.

Well the motor shop turned your 4 pole motor into an 8 pole motor, so you have to set up the VFD to the proper base RPM for the motor. Some VFDs have a setting for number of motor poles, others just have the base RPM which in this case would be 900.

Back