Iso Kent surface grinder wheel flanges.

Jayed2488

Registered
Registered
I am looking for a couple wheel flange for Kent kgs 1020 ahd surface grinder at a decent price it has a 1:5 ratio taper with i think 1.120 at large end
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Watch on e-bay. I bought 4 of them (brand new) for around $25 a piece. That was around 4 months ago.

John

Was that the ones with the odd taper I have searched high and low sopko wants 300 apiece for them because of the odd taper

No these were the ones that had a standard taper that Kent used. The is also an outfit in California that sells Kent parts. I do not remember the name of the company. I think I found it by going to the MSc website and looked under parts for a SGS-618 grinder and it referred to that other web site.

Go to kentusa.com They have a vintage machine section with manuals and parts list. I did buy one flange from them about 2 years ago and it did cost around $90 but that is better than $300. They had a full range or parts for my grinder and I did pick up a few items. Hope this helps.

John

Ok thanks for the info but I checked with them already

Not sure of this, but maybe worth a check. You said 1.02" on the large end. That is very close to the "standard" imperial wheel adapters used by many different grinders.
http://www.wmsopko.com/sopko_04_to_30_51_53.htm
It might be a wild goose chase, but perhaps Kent is just using ISO dimensions to describe an old school imperial standard part. Measure and compare...
Edit: If the taper is truly 1:5, then it is different than a 3" in 1' taper, which is 1:4.

Last edited:
No sorry I just went back and looked I typed the wrong size its 1.120 at large end and I measured it it is a 1:5 taper thanks tho

Last edited:
Back