Iso milling vice

Marks

Registered
Registered
Looking for a milling vice for central 981 mill/drill. Preferably tilting. Thanks

I have a Glacern Machine Tools (GMT) vice and have no complaints but I don't think they make a tilt base.
Shars makes a 4" swivel, tilt but it's casting is a bit rough. Kind of depends on what size you need and how much you want to spend. I've read mixed reviews about some imports from ebay... some very pleased with them, some not. Like most things the more you spend, the better you get, and a really good vice can get pretty expensive. The Little Machine Shop has some "professional grade" imports that I've heard positive comments on, but I haven't used or seen one personally.

Sine bars are fairly inexpensive or a good DIY project. There's always the option of a standard/swivel vice and using one. They are pretty handy to have one way or another.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. Sine bars are on my list of things to make. I'm gonna keep looking for a used higher quality vise I think. In hopes that a reasonably priced not abused one pops up.

Back