Issues With Parts Coming Out To Size

I'm using fusion 360, so I'm not sure if it has that setting. Im pretty new with fusion. Still trying to figure it out, I'm used to using Mastercam and bobcad. I had the same problem with them as well. I just found something on the warpt9 site that says that there are some. It's with .066 version of Mach and the recommended fix is to revert back to .062 release of Mach and the latest version of ess driver. It doesn't specifically mention my issue but it is worth a try at this point.

Ok, here is the latest. I removed Mach 3.043.066 and installed 3.043.062, re-setup the part and ran the programs. I'm happy and sad to say that there were no chips produced. Happy that my mill has so little backlash that it is able to reposition to a great degree of accuracy, and sad to say that it didn't have any affect on my problem. The outside profile is still to large. I really at a loss on this one. I opened up a support ticket with machsupport. Hopefully they will have some insight into what is going on.

I'm at a loss too. The only machine I have here with Mach3 on it is Alloy's Shizouka. I guess I'm going to have to fire that up and make sure that it is not doing the same thing, we never really checked it out for accuracy. Maybe I can find something. I'm glad I'm not having that problem, I couldn't sleep until I figured it out.

Why don't you write a simple program , without tool cutter comp and see if the sizes jive?

sounds like a CAM problem to me. Draw a simple box and CAM the outside with one pass. Look at the g-code and see if the XY coordinates are where they should be. I am betting they are not.

Look in the CAM menu where you are defining the cut. One of the tabs has a selection for "stock to leave" like you would do on a roughing cut. Maybe this is the problem. I don't use Fusion360, but I use HSMWorks, which is the same CAM program.

Back