It was a good idea

Magnets are going to have chips sticking to it, I guess one could try some form of adhesive glue if you didn't want to drill holes. I used holders for zip ties that use a single mounting hole and I use an 8-32 screw that I tapped into the splash shield. They attach on the ledge, simple and works. Not sure about the long cables, mine are both the same length and form a soft loop in the pan, they are just long enough for the routing shown below and traversing the length. My lathe setup is a bit different, you may be able to route them on the back side of the splash shield and loop under and around.
20200312_161520.jpg
scale cables.jpg

Magnets are going to have chips sticking to it, I guess one could try some form of adhesive glue if you didn't want to drill holes. I used holders for zip ties that use a single mounting hole and I use an 8-32 screw that I tapped into the splash shield. They attach on the ledge, simple and works. Not sure about the long cables, mine are both the same length and form a soft loop in the pan, they are just long enough for the routing shown below and traversing the length. My lathe setup is a bit different, you may be able to route them on the back side of the splash shield and loop under and around.
View attachment 316507
View attachment 316508

Mark,

Thank you for the input. The magnets might even attract metal on the front side of the splash guard.

If I could not settle on the hangers, last resort is to anchor those tie wrap mounts with a center screw. We did that when we mounted the air lines, used some 2 inch # 8 deck screws.

My problem, one cable is too short and the other is 6 ft too long. Sort of limit my routing option with the short one.

Nez

I know that stick on things have been used already but I wonder if Gorilla brand double-sided tape might hold.
I’ve used it and it’s so darn sticky it is hard to get the backing off to use it.

Worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the latest rendition on routing the scales cables. Those magnets are way too strong, they attract swarf on the front side of the backsplash.

Word of caution, I had to put 2 layers of painter's tape on the magnets to prevent them from scratching the paint when moving them around. Best way to move the magnets is use a rubber mallet.

20200314_210222.jpg20200314_210121.jpg20200314_210029.jpg20200314_205314.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good Nez

That's some clean machine. Mine was that clean once upon a time

It won't last.... especially after I get done doing 12 barrels for our junior team sometime next month.

Reactions: Z2V
The strong magnets and their strength through the backsplash.

20200317_141113.jpg

It's happening now. That's just one barrel and not done yet.20200317_141524.jpg

Last edited:
Back