It works!

it gets to be a chronic condition when you look at CL before you goto work, you read tool catalogs for lunch and (surf)hunt ebay at night.

i have predictions for you my new friend,
tools do fornicate and soon will fill your garage
your neighbors will soon outstretch arms filled with broken devises for repair, they will cheer your arrival home
you will spend untold thousands on machines, tooling, measuring devises, and associated accouterments
you will curse and rejoice, sometimes only seconds apart and in differing order
you'll make things you and others dream about, but the difference will be that you actually made the things of dreams

bucker' up, you are in for a ride! :grin:

Dave, don't believe these guys. You can be a hobby machinist without buying every tool in sight or accumulating multiple machine tools. They make it seem like this deplorable tool addiction is inevitable but it just ain't so.

You believe me, right?

Does this discussion somehow have any similarities to those (cringe ..shudder) "groups, usually arranged in a circle that "give support" to confessional incumbents who are still partly in denial about some off-the wall obsession addiction?

Are we really at a stage where we are now nearly prone to the persuasions of an astute opportunist provider of rehab facilities? Er.. "The Betty Ford-style Clinic for Machine Tool Addiction Victims"? Noooooooo!

He can't feel OK until he gets a whiff of marking fluid? OMG - that guy keeps sniffing the aroma of over-deep cut blue-hot curly chips. He just can't stop!

What about that fella in the corner who never moves around much except to keep scraping away at the same corner of a big piece of cast iron?

Oh Boy! Just by having gravitated here, are we already in some kind of trouble?

Back