ITI Japanese lathe chuck

dlane

Active User
Registered
Trying to find jaws for a ITI so-6x trademark Soul chuck , they bolt on from the top ,google didn’t turn up much, anyone heard of them ?.
Seems to be a well made chuck just the top jaws are gone
8A6140AA-12E6-4665-97DC-F715F9914C30.jpeg
Thanks

Take the jaws off to see what type they are. What happened to the chuck? Buffed to death? That much grit will not have done the scroll any good I fear!

I took the jaws off they all have 168 stamped on them, the scroll looks good just the jaws are buffed to death. :confused 3:
Are top jaws standardized ?.

I think Soul chucks are made by Teikoku, the number 1 producer of chucks in Japan. I serviced a 3jaw once; nice chuck. I don't know if they sell replacement jaws but you can email them and see. Another option is to have them made by Kalamazoo; they will make custom jaws.

The top jaws are American Standard tongue & grooved top jaws. I see them on eBay and other sites for sale. Prices are all over the place. Expect to pay around $100-150 for a new set of top jaws. For $125, you can have a new Asian built chuck with tongue & grooved jaws. So, do you tie up more money in a used chuck? or tie it up in a new chuck? I would suggest getting a set of soft jaws to use on this chuck, where you are running a bunch of part of the same, and bore out the jaws to match the part for zero runout. Your call on what to do.

Google US shop tools in Calif. you can download their catalog. They are big into chuck jaws.

Back