It's Mr Petes' Fault

BROCKWOOD

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I like to read. So there I was watching a Tubalcain video & he is reviewing Marks' Handbook. I know, I know it is downloadable. I like that, & do collect books as free downloads: but, some books are best on paper. Added a 2nd title when I went to checkout. That's 3400+ pages for under $50. Gotta save these old resources when we can!

Congrats on your purchases.

LOL, I'd go so far as to say blame it on YouTube! I don't know how many times I've watched a very interesting episode on YouTube and found out about a book, tool or outlet. And then go to EBay only to find they have suddenly dissapeared or through checking completed listing the prices have gone through the roof.

I do agree with finding old copies of books as the digital world is much more fragile than most know. My last purchase was Shop Theory/ Henry Ford Trade School. I found out about it here H-M in a thread about single point threading.

I am a book guy. Yes, I've downloaded pdf files of books and manuals before. But I usually print the manuals out and put them in a three ring binder. Good reference books on different subjects (machining, various engineering, heat treating, chemistry, etc) I have hard copies. Will never lose them in a crash, batteries die, internet connection or whatever issue.

Back