Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Woke up
got out of bed
dragged a comb across my head
made my way down downstairs and had a cup
Then it all went down hill from there.
The job...
Need a 4mm tapped hole through the 8mm dia of a 20mm length of stainless.
Hmm, small block of steel, 8mm hole through, 3.3 mm hole to intersect the 8mm.
Insert the stainless rod, place in vise, align, guide the drill bit into the hole and drill the stainless.
Argh, broke drill but at least its through. Note to self, use drill press next time.
Re drill 3.3 hole to 4mm in steel block to act as the guide to start the 4mm tap.
Damn, no taper tap, ah well its guided, a bit more pressure and I can start the bottoming tap.
Bad decision.
Turn a tad, back off, turn a tad, back off etc etc.
Crack! yep, it broke.
No problem, out with the spark eroder, set it up, damn again, no kero,
(Dont do this bit at home kiddies)
I will use WD40
Started the eroder, sparks emitting, sprayed WD40 into the hole, looks good, bit more spray and.......WHOOF
The propellant had collected in the bowel and when the concentration reached the correct level up it went.
Better not continue, back off the eroder electrode, its a bit stiff, Hmm, smoke from the transformer, bang! big spark, I had turned the handle the wrong way shorting out the eroder and bending the electrode double, its only 3mm copper.
Thats it. Turn everything off, close shop and have a beer.
You guessed it, no bloody beer.
:whiteflag::whiteflag::whiteflag:

I had a day like that a while ago, in 30 minuits i broke 3 drill bits, 2 taps and droped a hammer on my toe(had safety on yay) so i left the workshop going nooo not today.

better times tomorow

Stuart

I hate it when that happens. :drink2:

...Thats it. Turn everything off, close shop and have a beer.
You guessed it, no bloody beer.
:whiteflag::whiteflag::whiteflag:

Yep, that sounds 'bout right. Always no beer, I could live with the rest of it.:lmao:

Liked the Beatles reference too.:laughinghard:

Back