[4]

I've really gone of the DEEP END.....

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
let's see if i can verbalize these feelings i have.... i found a southbend 11 on CL
i'm going to trade a fully functional 50"s vintage Atlas th42 lathe for a southbend 11 lathe that hasn't run for a while (years i'm thinking) and i have no way of verifying the lathe even works until i get it home.
i know i'm going to need to do some wiring, the owner told me of this as it is a three phase unit. there may be other issues, unknown
He also told me a little of it's history, that it came from Mare Island Naval Shipyard in Vallejo, Ca.
Mare Island is about 60 miles as the crow flies, from me and i'm gonna pick it up in the foothills on saturday
i don't know how i'm going to sleep until saturday, i'm already planning to do a major shop rearrange to accommodate the new (to me) lathe.
i need suggestions on how to keep my mind off of this until then.......and thinking of other tools will probably not help my situation:lmao:
and i also need the name of a reputable tool counselor/ or industrial metallurgical therapist, as my affliction is seeming to get worse.
i'm doing my best to stay off CL, but the deals, the deals are incessant !
I go to EBAY, I find Nothing but tools and stuff i already have. you know you have a problem when you already have a full page of items that you are tracking shipment inbound delivery on, and know your UPS driver's daughter's name.:whistle:
i contemplate going to higher priced tool dens, but cringe at passing up a pile of used tools for the purchase of just one new tool.
thanks for reading the rantings of a self treating tool junkie.
i hope others are spared this fate, so there are more tools for me to snatch up :lmao:

Last edited:

OldMachinist

Titanium
Rest In Peace
you know you have a problem when you already have a full page of items that you are tracking shipment inbound delivery on, and know your UPS driver's daughter's name.:whistle:
I don't see the problem. I have my UPS driver's phone number, know his wife/kids names and he's come by for a beer on his day off before.

GaryK

In Memory
Rest In Peace
So what's the problem? :)) Seems normal to me!

Gary

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
:phew: i'm glad i'm not the only junkie around!
thanks guys!!

ScrapMetal

Active User
Registered
Welcome to the 11" SB club! I'm looking forward to seeing you bring that "one back to life".

(Everything here seems perfectly normal to me as well. :thumbzup: Go figure... :biggrin:)

-Ron

Ray C

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
So, uhhh... and your point is???

What we really need is the equivalent of QVC or HSN on the TV. 24x7 tool and machine sales... It would go over big-time!

Ray

road

Active User
Registered
Well , I am a counsellor. I think you will be fine. Have you tried harm reduction therapy ?

Taz

Active User
Registered
What we really need is the equivalent of QVC or HSN on the TV. 24x7 tool and machine sales... It would go over big-time!

Ray
You just gave me a terrible idea! RSS feeds of saved searches on Craigslist and eBay! Oh no... This is not good, not good at all.

n3480h

Active User
Oh oh. I had no idea my little HF 7x14 and X2 were gateway tools. Its a thin line between recreational use and addiction. Um, I have to go put a timing gear on the rotary table and mill an oil relief groove on it.:whistle:

Tom

gnerdalot

Swarf
Registered
Oh oh. I had no idea my little HF 7x14 and X2 were gateway tools. Its a thin line between recreational use and addiction. Um, I have to go put a timing gear on the rotary table and mill an oil relief groove on it.:whistle:

Tom
Haha - I'm feeling it too.. My Micromill - table too small, tolerances too wide - need a larger mill. And a lathe, grinder, bigger drill press, broaches, reamers, welder, small foundry to recycle those chips and.. and..

brav65

Active User
Hey Mike congrats on the new baby! I would not worry about the addiction as I believe you have a great deal of company. My UPS guy know my schedule so that he comes when I am home to help unload the latest catch.

kd4gij

Active User
Registered
You guys do know your replying to a 2 year old thread right!

D

Deleted member 473

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
You guys do know your replying to a 2 year old thread right!
Yeah, just left a "like" for one that posted three years ago.:apologize:

Hardly

Active User
Registered
What we really need is the equivalent of QVC or HSN on the TV. 24x7 tool and machine sales... It would go over big-time! Ray[/QUOTE said:
Oh yeah, this is exactly what we need. Maybe they could also add the Bankruptcy Channel right next to it. And don't forget Divorce Court.

middle.road

Actively Learning...
Shouldn't be anything wrong with resurrecting old posts - is there?

kd4gij

Active User
Registered
Not at all.

xman_charl

Active User
Registered
Live in Vallejo, use to purchase some of my steel at Mare Island.

Warehouse that sold the steel, is closed now. Was located next to exit/entrance
hwy 37.

Charl

KBeitz

Registered
Registered
Sounded like a good trade... Where is the pictures?

markba633csi

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
That's an old post

[6]
[5] [7]