Jacobs 18N Super Chuck

ddickey

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Are they worth much?
You can get rebuild kits for these, correct?

I would think they are worth a decent amount if in good condition. Rebuild parts are available. Take a look at this MSC page. May not be the cheapest, just an easy page to find.

Jacobs 18N at MSC

Only the USA made Hartford,CT chuck is worth that much. The USA rebuild kits are rare and expensive.
Msc & McMaster sell the rebuild kits for the China made Jacobs only.

Rebuild kits and parts for Jacobs chucks can also be found on eBay. Typically they're NOS parts, and patience is sometimes needed
to get the kit you want, but the prices are better. I recently bought a NOS sleeve for about half price of new.

EDIT: JTS Machinery also has repair parts for new and older style Jacobs chucks:
http://m.jtsmach.com/jtswebshop/Workholding/WH290.asp

Last edited:
A while back I had an issue with one of my Jacob chucks and I contacted them. They had me send it in to examine it. As it turned out, they said that they no longer had rebuild kits for it and in turn sent me a brand new one at no charge.

Randy did they keep the USA chuck and send you a china one ?.

A while back I had an issue with one of my Jacob chucks and I contacted them. They had me send it in to examine it. As it turned out, they said that they no longer had rebuild kits for it and in turn sent me a brand new one at no charge.
That’s madness... what fairly tale land is this in?
No proof of original purchase?

Back