Jacobs Flex Collets ...

Ive been chasing a L01 chuck for a while but the only ones ive found have been $800 second hand with "some" damage. Thought there might hve been a good place to source them?

I just bought a Jacobs L-00 rubber flex chuck and collet set for 250 on ebay. I am looking for a couple of L-00 backplates for my 5c chuck and Hardinge J2 collet chuck. The Hardinge currently has a L-0 which I could trade.

what I find most useful with the rubber collets is turning around end on square stock. when I was helping the local high school build their robot I needed to make some axels on square stock. so I picked a collet that had metal pieces that would divide into 4. this collet had 12 metal dividers. I centered the square stock on these 4 points and tightened the collet the part only ran out .002". so then I turned the end round. flipped it end for end and turned the other end. worked perfectly. also they work well for thin walled parts bill

I bought a l-02 chuck and compete set of collets about 5 years ago for 200.00 .luse them if i’m Making several of the same ,never thought of using them for square stock. Have to refer that.
Thanks Ron in ohio

Back