Jacobs Taper

B

Brento

Forum Guest
Register Today
What is the difference between a jt3 and a jt33?

A Bunch!

If you have Machinery's Handbook, you can look them up and compare the diameters of all of the Jacobs tapers.

Thank you i guess im gonna have to buy another taper to 1/2 for my drill chuck or buy another chuck for my mill. Right now i have a mt2 jt3 on my jacobs 5/8 chuck thinking for my lathe it will b fine but i think its going to be way to heavy. My other thing is im buying the tormach ts for my mill and i cant put that chuck in there so im not sure what ill do. I kind of backed myself into a corner for spending stupid money

I have both a ½ inch chuck and a 5/8 inch chuck, both on number two Morse taper arbors. I use the ½ inch chuck far more than I use the larger one, but it certainly is nice to have both. Maybe this will help you with your decision.

I was originally going to buy a mt2 taper for an r8 collet but thats not going to work with the quick change system so i have to make an adaptor somehow or take the shank off and buy a shank that isnt a taper

As the old potato chip commercial says: "Nobody can have just one!"

Well, close anyway.

I understand completely. It took a long time for me to obtain the tooling that I have and I don't have everything that I would like yet. In order to stretch out the cost, I purchase most of my tooling only when I actually need it for a specific project. My dream started 40 years ago, and I finally started purchasing machinery and tooling 20 years ago when I purchased a drill press. My lathe finally came along nine years ago and the rest after that. Hang in there we will all be cheering for you. :cheer:

Back