Jeep project

WOOHOO!

The Jeep passed inspection! That's a big weight off my mind! Now I just have to apply for a title... that is another thing I'm dreading. Applying for a title shouldn't be difficult, but I dislike having to deal with any government agency...

-Bear

Excellent news!!

I'll wrap this thread up... for now...

I went to the state Department of Motor Vehicles this morning and applied for the new title for the Jeep. They printed the new title for me so I won't have to wait on it to be mailed.

Now I can get a tag and insurance and start driving it again.

I'm happy to put all that behind me...!

-Bear

Ok, I'll revive this zombie thread for an update...

I took my wife junking (antique shopping) today... we didn't buy much, but in the back room of one shop, I spotted what looked like a pair of soft upper Jeep doors. I picked them up and found what appeared to be a new top with them.

My Jeep is pretty close to needing a new top, so I asked the shop owner... he had a pile of soft top components... package deal, buy it all for $100... and he threw in a set of NIB LED headlights...

I ended up with a new complete top... Besttop sailcloth OEM replacement with tinted windows, a slightly used top panel, and four sets of the soft upper door panels. My Jeep has the full doors, so I don't need the uppers...

20230826_201904.jpg

And the LED headlights, which I may or may not use...

20230826_202431.jpg

-Bear

Back