Jet 1236-ps parts

bodydropped72

Registered
Registered
Trying to find replacement gears for the quick change box. Seems grizzly stuff would work but not sure about specific model I should look up to get new stuff thanks in advance

Reactions: jcp
A lot of the Taiwan lathes are the same or nearly the same as what Grizzly sells or has sold. The problem I have had is finding the old Grizzly model numbers. Their DF 1237G is almost identical to my Shenwai SW 900B (1985) but they don't list parts fo it. The G1003 is very close and the gears appear to be the same. My lathe had a broken gear when I got it. The Shenwai parts list showed 3 gears with the same number. The Grizzly showed gears of the same size and tooth counts but with 2 different numbers neither of which were the Shenwai numbers. They were cheap so I ordered one of each. They turned out to be the same except one has a bushing pressed in to reduce the shaft size. I have not installed it yet.
My Shenwai 900B has a Jet logo on it too. There were also identical (except for switches) lathes labeled as Busy Bee, Hafco, Frejoth, Central, Enco and several more. Unfortunately some of the parts are not available from Grizzly and others are disappearing so I probably should be keeping this to myself. :D

For my Jet 1024P, I purchased parts from the Grizzly G9249.

Parts: G9249 Web Page:
I was missing a couple of the change gears and I needed a gear to fix the power cross feed. All the parts I ordered fit perfectly.

Back