Jet 1236PS

Gman45acp

Active User
Registered
Got one of these a couple days ago. Only came with three jaw chuck. Removed it and the spindle measures 2.348 out side on threads. So It
be 2 3/8 by 8 thread?... as I saw in a manual for another Asian Lathe. Where is serial number located on these lathes, Called Jet and they sent PDF of manual but not to helpful. Also need a motor, what diameter dual Pully does it take, I found a 1.5 horse 110 v motor with a 5/8 in shaft. The spindle nose is 1.720 so it must be a #5 MT?.
Looking for any help.
Thanks

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Could be that weird but common 60mm x 8TPI spindle found on those older models. 2.348" is much closer to 60mm.

Paging @Dabbler

Dabbler

Administrator
Staff member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Sounds like the same spindle as my DF1237: 60mm 8TPI MT5. I'll be home in a couple of days and check my spindle in thou. Normally a thread uis cut undersize on a spindle - and I don't know why...

I'll check the -other- DF13X37 that is in jy area His is identical to mind, but 6 years newer (his seals are fine)

Gman45acp

Active User
Registered
After searching around I believe it is 60mm x 8. Need a four jaw chuck, guess I will have to get a 2 1/4 by 8 face plate and then machine it to fir the spindle..

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock