Jet 1236PS

Gman45acp

Active User
Registered
Got one of these a couple days ago. Only came with three jaw chuck. Removed it and the spindle measures 2.348 out side on threads. So It
be 2 3/8 by 8 thread?... as I saw in a manual for another Asian Lathe. Where is serial number located on these lathes, Called Jet and they sent PDF of manual but not to helpful. Also need a motor, what diameter dual Pully does it take, I found a 1.5 horse 110 v motor with a 5/8 in shaft. The spindle nose is 1.720 so it must be a #5 MT?.
Looking for any help.
Thanks

Could be that weird but common 60mm x 8TPI spindle found on those older models. 2.348" is much closer to 60mm.

Paging @Dabbler

Sounds like the same spindle as my DF1237: 60mm 8TPI MT5. I'll be home in a couple of days and check my spindle in thou. Normally a thread uis cut undersize on a spindle - and I don't know why...

I'll check the -other- DF13X37 that is in jy area His is identical to mind, but 6 years newer (his seals are fine)

After searching around I believe it is 60mm x 8. Need a four jaw chuck, guess I will have to get a 2 1/4 by 8 face plate and then machine it to fir the spindle..

That's what mos of us 12X37 users do.

Back