Jet 13 x 40 gh cross slide angles

Sorry I was not succinct. Look at post #3. Great protractor.

Insert a ground bar into tail stock.
take a Sterret 47 bevel similar to darkzero's and perform the transfer like I did.
measure to the ground bar and the tool post.

Perform the same procedure I did. Use that bevel to measure. If this isn't enough I'll draw a sketch.

same principle. Read my first 2 posts again, only substitute the Sterret in lieu on the Bridge City if you can't find one.

get the compound parallel to the cross slide.
mike

That sure is a nice idea. How come they aren't more common? Your case is also really nice. I'll have to remember that idea. Do you have a source on the blow-molded cases? I imagine I could just google it unless you have a source with a great price and good quality you already think is the best. Thanks again, I'll have to keep checking e-bay. I did, by the way, find one on e-bay that had just sold for $180 w/ $10 shipping.

Barry

Thanks Barry. I don't have a cheap source for the cases. Originally I was just going to get a handgun case locally but changed my mind. Plenty on Amazon too for cheap. After searching I found out that blow molded cases are not cheap. I choose to get a larger size so that the protractor would fit in it not matter what angle it was set at rather than having to set back to 90° to store it. Mine is made by PFC, purchased directly from the manufacturer on ebay. Cost about 1/4 of the price of what I paid for the protractor but for me it was well worth the investment.

Barry,

This is 2 steps.
get the compound 90deg with a DI. First.

set the tool post to 90 deg with protractor set at 90
One leg against ground bar
The other against tool post.

NOW the CS and tool post are parallel.

this is step one. Do not feel bad it took me 2 yrs to work this out.
once you can make this happen, use a try square for now, we'll go to step 2.

i'm glad to help.
mike

Back